Do not be afraid!
First off, thanks EVERYONE for your prayers and support. Please feel free to comment and leave me your thoughts even if you were referred by someone...I dont e-bite.
This morning we got up early for my PET/CT scan. I reported to Nuclear Medicine which was weird in itself. You know, it's one of those clinics I pass by in a hurry on the way to my child's pediatric well baby check up... and don't think much about what they do or why those people are there. Until today, all kinds of different people sat around in that cold 3/4 in thick led wall clinic. Yes, I requested a butterfly needle....but they only had dragonfly's. ;) I had to get the information about breastfeeding since Bear is still a leach...pump (haven't done that in about 2 years) and dump for 24 hours following. Considering he's putting his own money in the soda machine, that shouldn't be to much of a problem. ;) I sent Max off with the kids to the food court once I found out it was a 2 hour study. They brought me back to another room and started the saline solution for the IV. A few minutes later the guy put a palm size metal device in his hand and shot the radioactive sugar into my IV. The sugar clings to the cancer cells and the PET portion of the scan shows where they are gathering and they overlay that with the regular CT to show where in the body it's located. Technology is amazing...but God is amazinger! (Nay- it's a word...in my dictionary of a brain) After he pumped a bag of saline and a shot of radioactive material, he handed be a big gulp with a cheap tasting nasty off brand of tampico juice to make me glow more.... because I wasn't radioactive enough. I'll tell ya though, I had absolutely no problem downing that no-pulp fake orange glo...because I knew where they would stick it otherwise, and I wasn't having that! Ut-uh! Keep that crap out...I mean...no pun intended. Following the delicious beverage, I got to lay in paradise with a blanket straight out of the warmer (the radioactive sugar made me freeze) and pray for about a half an hour while I was gliding through the tube several times. Boy, that 30 minutes goes by quick when your in prayer! Finally the "study" was complete and I walked out to the waiting room to find out Max tied the kids legs together in the main hallway and had them use teamwork to walk. That would have been a funny sight for most, but soooo normal for us. Sigh. Is that his homeschooling lesson on "teamwork"?
As we left the parking garage proud of not loosing the car, I called Wayne and Susan (also homeschoolers) so they could meet us at the Air and Space Museum. This month military gets in free so you KNOW we took advantage of that! We had a nice afternoon full of science lessons. That is one of the 5 places I would love to get family passes to... you know, instead of 300 toys for Christmas. ;) We did take pics but for some reason I can't find Max's USB thingie to take them off his camera. When he gets home from Men's Group I'll ask.
I believe in prayer! Yesterday one of the Elders in our Church arranged with all the other Elders and Deacons to come over this evening to annoint me with oil and pray. They did. I had 9 men in my living room laying hands on me tonight. What an amazing group of Elders/Deacons we have...what an amazing Church family....what an amazing GOD we serve!
Tomorrow I find out a definite on what time my surgery is Thursday (should be mid morning-ish). I will post it.
I trust God and His plans.
Do not be afraid! :)
3 comments:
Praying for you!!! I am not sure if you remember one of our Asst. Pastor's wives (Lorraine) that you spoke too while you were here... we both prayed for you last night. All glory to God hearing how He has you in His wonderful hands carrying you through. Sending Big HUGS!!!
Averi...You are such an amazing young women. I am so very proud of you and your trust in the Lord. You ease the mind of so many with your awesome attitude about all this "stuff".
Love you!
Averi your such a amazing woman I love you so very much .. thats about all I know how to say .. your a blessing Im so blessed to have a daughter-in-law like you .
Post a Comment