So I got to thinking...I should stop now, I know. My ideas usually get me where Lucille Ball's got her.
Friends from different geographical locations are telling me they are praying and willing to help in any other way they can. I have and idea! My co-workers and church family has already offered to help with meals while I go through chemo. I'm so thankful because I know that will be a huge help. However, there will be in between days that I anticipate having to spend time in the kitchen (or task Max to fire up the grill) and I want to be prepared for easy meals. My question for you is... Do you have any easy crock-pot recipes your willing to share? Non crock-pot things are fine too as long as they are easy. My friend's Mom Becky sent me a couple crock pot family hits that were
burn free super easy and yummy. I'm on a hunt for more. I desperately want to avoid the hot dogs, mac n cheese and PB&J for dinner at all cost.
It's taking a lot for me to ask for help because as you know, I'm a Navy Wife.... I can do anything! I can nurse a baby, mop the floor, cook dinner,
reset the fire alarm, replace batteries in a noise making toy and carry on a phone call with a 6 second delay all at the same time. Don't you ever tell me I can't do something because I'll prove you wrong. I know going through this has and will continue to take me out of my little comfort zone. I'm learning to allow others to help me. An old babysitter (who was the one that brought me to Christ when I was 6) explained to me that allowing others to help me is not only blessing me, but blessing them for serving....so avoid taking that blessing away from them by not allowing them to serve. Humm, something to think about huh?!?! Friends from afar have offered to help if they can. I think by asking for easy nutritious meal ideas...this would be a blessing for both of us.
You can e-mail them to me and I'll keep them in my secret hiding spot...
above the stove...so when I finally catch it on fire I can nag you for it again. Or feel free to post in my comments.
Thank you my fabulous readers! ;)
7 comments:
Chorizo and eggs! With some papas and heated up torts! YUMMMYYY!!!! WHo care about the fat because it's high in protien! LOL!!!
Ask Max I think he'll agree. Or hey I'm only a couple of hours (flight) from here. I can drop off some tamales, maybe some mole..Umm watcha want?!
Here is one for you! You know I love to cook.....
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatori
1/4 C. Italian Dressing
3 lbs chicken thighs & legs
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms sliced
1 1/2 C. chopped onion
1/2 C. each sliced red & green bell pepper
1 clove garlic minced
1 can 14.5oz crushed tomatos
1 t. salt
1 t. dried thyme leaves
3 C. cooked rice
Heat dressing in large skillet & add chicken. Cook 2-3 mineach side to brown. Place mushrooms, onion, peppers & garlic in slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine tomatoes, salt & thyme. Pour over chicken. Cover with lid and cook on low 6-8 hrs or on high for 5 hrs. Do not remove lid till done.
Love ya Averi! Kiss the kids for us and say hi to the alien! :)
oh I forgot....serve it over the cooked rice. :) Just in case you were wondering what to do with it.
Elisa has the right idea YUMMY Chorizo and eggs! LOL
Are you kiddin! My wife won't let me eat Chorizo... It's not made from wheat germ... ;-)
Max
Okay so they don't have wheat germ chorizo but they do have Soy! It's just as good too.
leave it to my son wheat germ lol Son you know my daughter in law will fix it right up for ya ewwww yummy lol
Post a Comment