Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cooking Advice

My brother e-mailed me a recipe today in response to this blog I wrote a few days ago. Yes, my brother. Of us two, he got the cooking gene.

"haha Sis don't worry your brother can cook. Here is an easy one that works pretty well..."

..and he proceeds to give me the chicken recipe...but it's Zizzo classified material, so I cut that part out.

"...then put it in a pan on the stove and cook it. The dressing works well as lube for the chicken in the pan. Cook until it's done duh!"

Um, lube? It might just be me, but I thought of other things when I read the word 'lube'...you know, like my car. ;) But I wouldn't say that C-A-R word around Max's ride. He drives a "mini-truck"....that has the same trunk space as my car. ...just so you can stop guessing, who would have known that fat free Italian dressing was a good marinade?

"When that one gets old then put chicken in the oven with some lemon pepper seasoning on it BAM! It's done of course after you cook it."

Well, I'm glad you clarified that! It could have been you I blamed for giving me a bum recipe of uncooked chicken that got my family sick. Rest assured, I can cook it til it's done. Max made it easy for me and recently installed one of those built in automatic ceiling timers closer to the kitchen. Dragging a stool to all the way upstairs to remove the battery from the timer so I can stop the beep I could hear over the vacuum was getting old. I'm still amazed at how those things know when dinner is fully charred cooked.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your brother could always burn...lol. That's a Johnson remark for cooking something good. No, really, he burned more pans than I care to mention. Funny part about it, it always taste good. Have him give ya the shrimp one...yummy! I just finished baking some mini cheddar loafs and brownies. What a combo...

Joanna said...

Girl you are SOOO FUNNY!!!! You make me laugh so much... and Ben too.... I always share with him about your fun adventures. :)

Renee and Ryan's Book said...

I just emailed you two of my classic favorite recipes, turkey taco salad and baked ziti w/caesar salad! Try them and tell me what you think!