Monday, October 29, 2007

Yokohama

Yesterday was an exhausting day! Saturdays Tropical Storm passed leaving for a gorgeous Sunday. We decided upon rising that we would head up to China Town in Yokohama. You know what was strange about the day? We had Cindy with who took picture of the 4 of us together. YES! It was actually kinda nice. To the left is a picture from the top of Landmark Tower (shown to the right) with Mt. Fuji in the background during sunset. What a beautiful sight. By this point Max and I both had piercing headaches. I thought it may have been from altitude sickness (no, I'm not that ditsy). The elevator going up the tower was made by Mitsubishi and was the fastest in the world...or Japan. Since I'm not that fluent in Japanese, I didn't catch all of the speech from the elevator attendant...mostly because during the 40 second ride her eyes were shut with her forehead leaning against the wall. I'll just be safe and say - It was super fast and my ears were hurting. Since my friend has told me I have a strange fascination with Japanese toilets I'd thought it would be nice to include a few pictures...you might understand why. The right is a picture of a child's toilet in a train station...that by chance happens to be in the bottom of a mall called MM21. Why 21 you may ask? I don't know! Maybe because it has 21 stories? Honestly, there are so many escalators in that building I wouldn't doubt the 21 floor guess. The toilet is used facing forward or backward for children. It's similar to the traditional Japanese style toilet. Also, you will find a picture of a western style Japanese toilet. The arm looking thing on the right is not to brace yourself. No, it's to control the controllable in the restroom. You will find a 'super deodorizer' button for those embarrassing releases, a 'water sound' button to cover up the sound of the embarrassing releases, a 'spray' and 'buddiet' button with warm water and pressure control for use left to your imaginations...and, oh by the way the toilet seats are heated. See why I have and interesting fascination with them? Wouldn't you? By the way, while taking these pictures I could hear the Japanese ladies thinking "Americans think we were born with camera's in our hands". Yeah, so, I can hear people think....I'm talented like that!


Below are a few more pictures for your viewing pleasure.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha!!! I loved all the pictures. And seriously, who wouldn't have a fascination with the toilets out here. They have more buttons than my remote control. =D

I love the picture where Max (the little one) is peaking into the gentleman's bag at what looked like a mall. And where he's showing off his "guns" on the train. Hehe. Wow!!! We are REALLY going to miss you guys! Be safe and keep in touch out there.

Anonymous said...

I'll be frank with ya...YOU ARE WEIRD! Taking pictures of toilets and bottled water...girl you are worse then me...remember when I took pics of the cars?

The pics are really nice...what an awesome ending of a three year experience.

Love you...